Rabbi Alex Kress
Rabbi at Temple Sinai of Roslyn
Source Sheets - 100
- Making Sense of Ritual Purity Childbirth
- Talmudic Privacy
- The Many Faces of Mourning
- No Leftovers
- The Essence of Holy Space
- Transformative Talmudic Thinking
- God: Immanent or Transcendent?
- From Torah to Headlines
- Justice x Truth x Peace
- An Eternally Evolving God
- What's in a blessing?
- Order Amid Chaos
- Shimon Levi: The Hamas Brothers
- How to Lobby a Pharaoh
- Being Jewish in a Gentile Land
- Rooted in Tradition, Reaching Toward the Future
- Different, but Brothers Nonetheless
- Suffering and Healing in the Talmud
- Ethical Dilemmas
- The Growing Ambivalence of Brit Milah
- The Trolley Problem Pikuach Nefesh
- Wine: Symbol of Joy or Path to Sin?
- How Do We Guard God's Creations?
- Fragility Blessing
- Finding God: Family Feud Edition
- Until 120 Years...
- Path to Personal Collective Repentance
- Commanded to Be Generous
- A Spiritual Awakening Through Deeds
- Cities of Pikuach Nefesh
- Redefining Curses
- Palaces in Time
- The Small Things
- Revelation Isn't Passive
- Radical Amazement
- Spiritual Activism
- Some are Guilty, All are Responsible
- Understanding Adonai Echad during Av
- The Man, The Myth, The Legend
- Value of Perspective
- Mah Tovu: The Spirit of God
- For the Sake of (Fire x Water)
- A Call for Decency
- The Eternal Harvest
- Is Judaism God-Optional? ז - Modern Thinkers
- Is Judaism God-Optional? ח - Reform Thinkers
- Purifying Time
- Amidah Bookends
- Kosher Living
- Wrestling with Kashrut
- Framing Mitzvah Day
- What is? What could be?
- Is Judaism God-Optional? ו - Spinoza
- Being Zocher Shabbat
- Innovating Tradition
- Shabbat Shekalim 101
- Leadership Takes Help
- Is Judaism God-Optional? ה - Kabbalah
- Internal External Amalek
- Is Judaism God-Optional? ד - Rambam vs Halevi
- Is Judaism God-Optional? ג - Rabbinic
- Were the Midwives Egyptian or Hebrew?
- The 12 Tribes of Israel
- Mixed Messaging
- Cultural Repertoire in Mikeitz
- Hapax Legomenon: An Interpretive Journey
- Is Judaism God-Optional? ב - Prophets Writings
- To Sacrifice or Not to Sacrifice?
- Questions Surrounding "The First Jew"
- The Moral Innovation of Noah
- Is Judaism God-Optional? א - Torah
- Learning Leads to Action
- How to Be a Prophet
- In the beginning...
- A Shelter of Perspective Amidst Chaos
- Finding Unity on Sukkot
- Absorbing Fragility, Inspiring Action
- Returning to Our Past, Present Future
- Community Organizing
- Can Judaism be Community-Optional?
- Prim Proper Tanakh
- Exploring Vows in Elul
- Tzedek Tzedek Tirdof in Context
- Turning Individual Goodwill into Collective Action
- Exploring Reform Liturgy: Sh'ma
- Standing at Sinai
- Tisha b'Av in Reform Thought
- A D'varim Primer
- It's On You
- A Survey of Chosenness
- Why Reward Pinchas the Murderer?
- Balaam: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
- Finding the Balance Between Rational Irrational
- Jewish Fundraising: Ideals vs Reality
- The Essence of Pesah
- Dear Aria: Torah for My Daughter 5777
- These Are A Few Of My Favorite Texts
- Evolution of Am Yisrael in Reform Judaism
- T'tzaveh, Shabbat Zachor Purim 5777
- Making Vayikra Modern
Rabbi Alex Kress published a new Source Sheet, Making Sense of Ritual Purity Childbirth.
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Rabbi Alex Kress published a new Source Sheet, Talmudic Privacy.
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Rabbi Alex Kress published a new Source Sheet, The Many Faces of Mourning.
2 months, 3 weeks ago