Jobs at Sefaria משרות פנויות בספריא
Part-time Communications & Marketing Associate
Sefaria is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating the future of Torah in an open and participatory way. We are assembling a free, living library of Jewish texts and their interconnections, in Hebrew and in translation.
The Communications and Marketing Associate is a part-time, temporary contract position through the end of 2020 with the potential to move forward into 2021. This position provides key marketing and communications support for the team’s day-to-day operations as well as major projects and initiatives.
Reporting to the Communications and Marketing Manager, the ideal candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, and able to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team. This is a remote position open to candidates anywhere in the US and will require 20 hours per week. Compensation is hourly and depends on experience, starting at $20 per hour.
- Maintain Sefaria’s communications calendar, ensuring the information is up to date and content is going out as scheduled (using Trello, Nation Builder, Buffer)
- Assist in the management of social media accounts, including drafting content, creating original and template-based graphics in Canva, responding/reacting to comments on our social posts, and monitoring our social channels for spam and hate speech.
- Measure, track and report on key marketing and communications activities (using Google Analytics, Keyhole, SEMRush)
- Draft copy for emails, Google ads, and other external communications
- Manage and provide support for our public webinars (including pre-, mid-, and post-webinar support through Zoom, emails, YouTube, and Sheets)
- Communicate and coordinate with external vendors
- Provide general administrative support to Communications and Marketing Manager, and complete other tasks as needed
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of a two-year degree or equivalent professional experience in a related field
- Ability to write formal and informal communications for multiple audiences
- Previous experience with digital marketing (email, social media, web), content creation, and graphic design
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and Facebook advertising a plus, but not required
- A personal computer and a stable internet connection are needed for essential job functions and must be provided by the candidate
- Knowledge of Jewish texts a plus
- Hebrew language skills a plus
Please submit a cover letter and resume or CV to [email protected] with the subject line Communications and Marketing Associate. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Sefaria does not accept solicitations of any kind from job placement services or phone calls from prospective candidates. Sefaria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Nothing in this job description or advertisement postings guarantees employment.