Jobs at Sefaria משרות פנויות בספריא
Sefaria is seeking a full-time software engineer to focus on front-end and mobile feature development. The position will involve end-to-end development of new features, fixes and improvements. Sefaria is a non-profit organization devoted to building the future of Torah; this role is a rare opportunity to put technical and product skills to use toward a meaningful and impactful mission.
- End-to-end development of new features for Sefaria’s website and mobile apps
- Implementation of improvements and changes to existing features
- Management of code quality, performance, and testing
- At least one year of experience building Web or mobile applications
- Familiarity with or a capacity to quickly get up to speed with our tech stack: React, React-Native, Python, Django, MongoDB
- A keen eye for user experience details
- Comfort working in a dynamic, start-up environment
- Clear and efficient communication skills in English
- Ability to phonetically read Hebrew characters
- Self-motivation, a sense of humor, and a cultivated curiosity
- Knowledge of Torah texts and learning practice
- Hebrew language proficiency
- Reports to the Chief Technology Officer who is based in the Bay Area
- Remote, United States
- Candidates living between the Pacific and Eastern time zones will be considered
Compensation & Benefits
- Annual Salary: $70,000-$100,000 commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; Sefaria pays 100% of the medical insurance premium for each employee and contributes a small amount toward dependents
- Generous paid time off, including Jewish holidays
- 401k with up to a 4% match after 6 months
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Professional development opportunities
Click below to apply; you’ll be invited to share your resume, a brief cover letter and examples of past project work like your GitHub profile or personal website.
We will be reviewing first round applications until Sunday, February 28.
Sefaria does not accept solicitations of any kind from job placement services or phone calls from prospective candidates. Sefaria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Nothing in this job description or advertisement postings guarantees employment.