Jobs at Sefaria משרות פנויות בספריא
Part-time Writer / Editor
Sefaria is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating the future of Torah in an open and participatory way. We are assembling a free, living library of Jewish texts and their interconnections, in Hebrew and in translation.
Sefaria is seeking a freelance writer and editor to support our work in making Jewish texts accessible online. This role is a part-time, temporary contract position through the end of 2020 with the potential to move forward into 2021. This position will require a minimum of 20 hours per week. Compensation is hourly and depends on experience, starting at $30 per hour.
- Explain complex Jewish texts and topics in simple language and easily accessible concepts, while thinking critically about how they are being presented.
- Edit and improve existing language on the Sefaria website, apps, and google ads.
- Ensure that the copy conforms to Sefaria's guidelines for product voice, and develop those guidelines further based on feedback from the team.
- Adapt copy for length limitations and site context.
- Identify and fix technical errors in the copy, including inaccuracies, grammar, and typos.
- Substantial knowledge about the Jewish textual cannon and Jewish culture
- Experience writing copy for a publication or similar service, preferably for websites or other digital platforms
- Experience writing for broad, general audiences
- Fluent in English
- Working proficiency in Hebrew reading and writing
Please submit a cover letter and resume or CV to [email protected] with the subject line Part-time writer/editor. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Sefaria does not accept solicitations of any kind from job placement services or phone calls from prospective candidates. Sefaria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Nothing in this job description or advertisement postings guarantees employment.