- What does "acharit hayamim" mean? Does is mean "End of Days" or "later days" (i.e. "end of an era")?
- If "End of Days" then we have two options: (1) We have to dig deep to find the hidden messages Ya'akov is saying or (2) Ya'akov was TRYING to convey something about this but ended up getting sidetracked.
- If "end of an era" we need to know what that era is and what Ya'akov is trying to convey.
- Is Yehudah's "blessing" a directive or a prophecy?
- If it's a directive, we have a few further questions: When does this happen? Now? Later? Is there an end point? We can look at the world and determine if we're listening or not to the directive (see Ramban)?
- If it's a prophecy, we can look at history and the moment we see a non-Yehudah king, we can say that the prophecy didn't happen.
- What is "ad ki yavo shilo"?
- What is "shilo"?
- Who is "he"?
I. A Survey of Classical Parshanut
II. A New Approach