- Rimon is a part of the larger Temple Sholom community.
- Members of a community work together to ensure that the community serves the needs of all of its members to the best of its abilities.
- The Temple Sholom community is a member of the greater Philadelphia community, of Am Yisrael, and of the world-wide community.
- How do we separate ourselves from our community? Explain?
- Does our community or do we do things that keep others separated from our community? Why are some people here and others are not? Explain.
- Why do you think Rabbi Hillel thought this was important almost 2000 years ago? Do you think it is still important now? Why or why not?
1. How do we know that we are all responsible for each other?
2. What does it mean to be responsible for and to the people around you?
3. What are the social implications of this text? How does this text affect how you see yourself in the world?
Questions from: http://www.on1foot.org/text/babyloniantalmud-shavuot-39a
A community is too heavy for anyone to carry alone.
Devarim Rabbah 1:10
- Who are Temple Sholom's leaders and how do they share the responsibilities of taking care of the community?
- What do these leaders get for taking on these responsibilities?
- What specific things can YOU do to help carry the Temple Sholom community?