(1) And it shall be, when you come in to the land which the LORD your God will give to you for an inheritance, and you possess it, and dwell therein;
(2) that you should take of the first of all the fruit of the ground, which you should bring in from your land that the LORD your God giveth thee; and you should put it in a basket and you should go to the place which the LORD thy God shall choose to cause His name to dwell there.
(3) And thou shalt come to the priest that shall be in those days, and say to him: ‘I profess this day unto the LORD thy God, that I have come to the land which the LORD swore unto our fathers to give us.’ (4) And the priest shall take the basket out of your hand, and set it down before the altar of the LORD thy God.
(5) And you should speak and say before the LORD thy God: ‘A wandering Aramean was my father, and he went down into Egypt, and sojourned there, few in number; and he became there a nation, great, mighty, and populous. (6) And the Egyptians dealt ill with us, and afflicted us, and laid upon us hard bondage. (7) And we cried out to the LORD, the God of our fathers, and the LORD heard our voice, and saw our affliction, and our toil, and our oppression. (8) And the LORD brought us forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with great terribleness, and with signs, and with wonders. (9) And He hath brought us into this place, and hath given us this land, a land flowing with milk and honey.
(10) And now, behold, I have brought the first of the fruit of the land, which Thou, O LORD, hast given me.’ And thou shalt set it down before the LORD thy God, and worship before the LORD thy God.
(11) And thou shalt rejoice in all the good which the LORD thy God hath given unto thee, and unto thy house, thou, and the Levite, and the stranger that is in the midst of thee.