(1) For David:
The Lord is my light and my salvation; from whom should I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, whom should I dread?
(2) When evildoers come close to me to devour my flesh, — it is they, my torturers and my enemies, who stumble and fall.
(3) Should a camp encamp upon me, my heart would have no fear;
should war arise upon me, in this I trust.
(4) There is one thing I haved asked of the Lord, and this is what I will seek: to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord, to visit God's abode.
(5) For God will shelter me in God's sukkah on an evil day, will hide me under the cover of God's tent, will raise me upon a rock.
(6) Now my head is raised high over my enemies who are all around me; I will offer up teruah blasts in God's tent. I will sing and chant to the Eternal.
(7) Hear my voice, Eternal One, when I call out; show grace upon me and answer me.
(8) To You my heart said: “Seek My face!” O Lord, I seek Your face.
(9) Do not hide Your face from me; do not thrust aside Your servant in anger; You have ever been my help. Do not forsake me, do not abandon me, O God of my salvation.
(10) Though my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will gather me in.
(11) Show me Your way, O Lord, and guide me down a steady path, because of my watchful foes.
(12) Do not give life over to my torturers, for false witnesses and violent accusers have risen up against me.
(13) Had I not had faith that that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living…
(14) Hope in the Lord - strengthen and encourage your heart - and hope in the Lord.