Looking to start a Chavruta through Sefaria?
Is there a way to study face-to-face with someone else on Sefaria?
Yes! Our newest feature, Chavruta, allows you to connect with another Sefaria user to study a text.
How does Chavruta work?
Pick a text that you would like to study, open Chavruta in the resource panel, invite a friend to study with you, and start learning!
Can I use Chavruta on the app?
No, Chavruta only works on the website.
Ok, but how do I do it, step-by-step?
- Log into your Sefaria account.
- Choose the text you would like to learn.
- Select “Chavruta” in the resource panel.
4. Copy and send the link to anyone you want to join your private beit midrash
5. Click the "Open Your Beit Midrash" button.
6. When your friends enter the URL, you will see a list of those in the Beit Midrash on side of the screen, along with what text they are learning. Click on the three dots (●●●) next to someone's name to see your options for engaging with them, including chat and video.
Can we change the text in the middle of the session?
Yes. The entire Sefaria library is available to you. Use the text section exactly as you would normally.