How can I support Sefaria?
Thanks for asking! There are lots of different ways to help out and we appreciate them all.
Some of the popular ways of helping out are by making a donation, shopping our swag, creating public source sheets, sharing a text that you have translated, or adding to or editing the Sefaria community translation.
Read more information below on how to support Sefaria in these ways.
Make a Donation
How do I make a donation?
To make a donation to Sefaria, you have three options:
1. Donate online by credit or debit card.
Additionally, you can make an online donation to Sefaria via PayPal here.
2. Wire Transfer, here is the information:
First Republic Bank
111 Pine Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Account Type: Checking
Account Number: 80008334536
Routing Number: 321081669
Swift Code: FRBBUS6S
195 Montague Street
14th Floor, Suite 1203
Brooklyn, NY 11201
3. Mail a check to our office in New York:
195 Montague Street, 14th Fl
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Shop Our Swag
How can I show off my love of Torah while supporting Sefaria?
Purchasing Sefaria totebags, t-shirts, mugs and more in the Sefaria Swag Store supports Sefaria while showing your love of Torah and Sefaria.
Share Your Work
How does making my source sheets public help Sefaria?
There are several ways that making sheets public helps the Sefaria community.
- Public sheets become part of the Sefaria library. Public sheets are linked to the text library by the texts that are on the sheet. People reading texts in the library can click on the sidebar and see all of the public sheets which reference the text.
- Because sheets are created every day, they keep up with what is happening in the world and offer contemporary insights.
- Tags on public sheets are used to determine relevant texts and sheets on Sefaria's topics pages.
Great! How do I make my sheets public? And how do I tag sheets?
To make a sheet public:
1. From the edit view on a sheet, click on "Share".
2. Toggle "yes" for "List on Sefaria".
3. Select your privacy settings.
- Anyone can view - The sheet can only be viewed and not edited or added to.
- Anyone can add - Those with access to the source sheet can add to it, but not edit the existing text.
- Anyone can edit - Those with access to the source sheet can edit it.
4. Click "Save".
To tag a sheet:
1. From the edit view on a sheet, click “Share” on the top right of the sheet editor.
2. In the box marked “Add Tags…” enter relevant keywords, each separated by a comma. Choose from suggested tags in the dropdown menu.
3. Click “Save”
I have texts that I have translated and would like to share them with Sefaria. What should I do?
Let us know. We would love to talk to you. Send an email to [email protected] with information about your translation and we will get back to you.
How do I contribute to the Sefaria Community Translation?
1. Log into your Sefaria account.
2. Click on the text that you would like to translate. This will open the sidebar.
3. Click on "Tools".
4. Select "Add Translation".
5. Type your translation and click "Save".
You can also edit an existing translation in a similar way.