Searching for the afikoman is a favorite part of the seder. The rabbis instituted the afikoman hunt to keep the children engaged during the long seder.
In this activity, the students will search for the afikoman by solving 5 puzzles. At the end, they will find the afikoman.
Here is how to run the activity.
- Give the students the link to the first sheet (www.sefaria.org/sheets/226315). You can send the URL via your LMS or put it on the board for the students to type. They can also search for it by name (Finding the Afikoman: A Haggadah Scavenger Hunt) in Sefaria.
- Students open the sheet and read the clue for something to find in the haggadah.
- The students search the Passover Haggadah on Sefaria to find the section that contains the answer.
- When they find the section, they click on the text to open the resource panel and click on "Sheets".
- Scroll down to find a sheet with the title "Finding the Afikoman". This sheet will contain the next clue.
- Students continue from clue to clue until they find the afikoman at the end.
The clues, with the solutions and the links to the sheets are found below.
Chag Sameach! Happy Holiday!