Credit: Ofir.1970, Israeli Jewish Passover, Cropped by Sefaria Education, CC BY-SA 3.0
Choose a section of the Seder to research in depth.
Resources available on Sefaria include:
Steps for researching a section of the seder.
- Begin with the Haggadah text and research its origins in rabbinic texts.
- Make a list of questions that arise from the texts.
- Read Haggadah commentaries
- Read Mishnah and Talmud commentaries
- Search the internet for information
- Refer to Haggadahs that you may have in the house
Steps for presenting your research
- Think of a main idea that you would like to present about your section of the Haggadah
- Using the texts that you found in your research, lead those reading or listening to your explanation through an exploration of the meaning of the section.
- Write guiding questions between the texts for your audience to discuss or reflect on.
- Suggest how this section can be relevant to today.
- Add a conclusion at the end which sums up your understanding of the section of the Haggadah.
- Add images or videos to enhance the sheet.