Please read the text from the Torah.
(7) For Adonai your God is bringing you into a good land, a land with streams and springs and fountains issuing from plain and hill; (8) a land of wheat and barley, of vines, figs, and pomegranates, a land of olive trees and honey.
1. Who is being brought to the land?
2. Who is bringing us to the land?
3. What land do you think this text is about?
4. How does this text describe the land?
Now please read verse 8 one more time.
1. How many different kinds of growing things are in that verse?
2. Why might they be listed in that order?
3. What do you know about those different kinds of foods?
4. Which of those foods come from trees?
5. Are there any you have never tasted before?
6. What blessing do we say when we taste a new food for the first time?