(1) Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman he had married: “He married a Cushite woman!”
(2) They said, “Has the Eternal spoken only through Moses? Has God not spoken through us as well?” And the Eternal heard.
(3) Now Moses was a very humble man, more so than any other person on the face of the earth.
(4) Suddenly the Eternal called to Moses, to Aaron, and to Miriam, “Come out, you three, to the Tent of Meeting.” So the three of them went out.
(5) The Eternal came down in a pillar of cloud, stopped at the entrance of the Tent, and called out, “Aaron and Miriam!” The two of them came forward;
(6) and God said, “Hear these My words: When a prophet of the Eternal arises among you, I make Myself known to them in a vision, I speak with them in a dream. (7) Not so with My servant Moses; he is trusted throughout My household. (8) With him I speak mouth to mouth, plainly and not in riddles, and he beholds the likeness of the Eternal. How then did you not fear from speaking against My servant Moses!” (9) And the Eternal got angry and left.
(10) As the cloud withdrew from the Tent, there was Miriam stricken with snow-white scales! When Aaron turned toward Miriam, he saw that she was stricken with tzara'at.
(11) And Aaron said to Moses, “O my lord, account not to us the sin which we committed in our folly. (12) Please let her not be as one dead, who emerges from his mother’s womb with half his flesh eaten away.”
(13) So Moses cried out to the Eternal, saying, “Please God, please heal her!”
(14) But the Eternal said to Moses, “If her father spat in her face, would she not bear her shame for seven days? Let her be shut out of camp for seven days, and then let her be readmitted.” (15) So Miriam was shut out of camp seven days; and the people did not march on until Miriam was readmitted.
(16) After that the people set out from Hazeroth and encamped in the wilderness of Paran.