Soup Kitchen, New York City, USA, 1992 © Zion Ozeri
The Great Assembly was an important component of Jewish religious leadership in ancient times, and played a key role in passing down ideas from earlier in Jewish history.
1) What do you think it means for the world to "stand on" certain things?
2) "Service" in this Mishnah is often understand as a reference to the services in the Temple in Jerusalem many years ago, but that no longer applies to our world. "Torah" and "acts of loving kindness" might be easier to understand. Can you think of an example of each of these that is still important today?
3) If you had to choose three thing that uphold your world, what would they be?
Help build a digital scrapbook by adding your own image or Midrash, with a caption, here, in response to these questions:
1) What do they ideas or actions that are core to your world look like?
2) What would you most want to inspire others to prioritize in their beliefs and actions?