There is a lot of hiding in Megillat Esther and the holiday of Purim.
In this activity, the students will discover hidden elements in the megillah by solving 6 puzzles.
Here is how to run the activity.
- Give the students the link to the first sheet (https://www.sefaria.org/sheets/213906?lang=bi). You can send the URL via your LMS or put it on the board for the students to type. They can also search for it by name (Hide and Seek - A Purim Scavenger Hunt) in Sefaria.
- Students open the sheet and read the clue for something hidden in the megillah.
- The students search Megillat Esther on Sefaria to find the verse that contains the answer.
- When they find the verse, they click on the text to open the resource panel and click on "Sheets".
- Scroll down to find a sheet with the title "Purim Hide and Seek". This sheet will contain the next clue.
- Students continue from clue to clue until they find the (virtual) prize at the end.
Fun Facts and more
We have chosen to include a fun fact or follow up question on every sheet. You can decide if and how you would like to use these materials. It can be something fun for the students to read or you can use it to continue the learning.
The clues, with the solutions and the links to the sheets are found below.