8. And Elijah took his cloak and he rolled it and he struck the water and it was divided here and there. And they passed over, the two of them, on dry land.
9. And while they were passing over, Elijah said to Elisha, “Ask what I will do for you before I am taken from you.” And Elisha said, “Let there be please a double portion of your spirit upon me.”
10. And he said, “You have made it hard in asking. If you see me being taken from you, then let it be for you as you wanted. And if not, it won’t be.”
11. And it was when they were going, and behold!, a chariot of fire and horses of fire separated the two of them. And Elijah went up in a storm to the heavens.
12. And Elisha himself saw, and he was crying out, “My father, my father! Chariot of Israel and its riders!” until he could no longer see him. And he grasped his clothing and he tore it to two torn bits.
13. And he lifted up the cloak of Elijah that had fallen from him. And he went back and he stood at the bank of the Jordan.
14. And he took the cloak of Elijah that had fallen from him and he hit the water and he said, “Where is YKWK the Elohim of Elijah?” Even he, when he struck the water and it was divided here and there, and Elisha passed over.