(ב) וַיֹּאמֶר֩ אֵלִיָּ֨הוּ אֶל־אֱלִישָׁ֜ע שֵֽׁב־נָ֣א פֹ֗ה כִּ֤י יקוק שְׁלָחַ֣נִי עַד־בֵּֽית־אֵ֔ל וַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֱלִישָׁ֔ע חַי־יקוק וְחֵֽי־נַפְשְׁךָ֖ אִם־אֶעֶזְבֶ֑ךָּ וַיֵּרְד֖וּ בֵּֽית־אֵֽל׃
(ג) וַיֵּצְא֨וּ בְנֵֽי־הַנְּבִיאִ֥ים אֲשֶׁר־בֵּֽית־אֵל֮ אֶל־אֱלִישָׁע֒ וַיֹּאמְר֣וּ אֵלָ֔יו הֲיָדַ֕עְתָּ כִּ֣י הַיּ֗וֹם יקוק לֹקֵ֥חַ אֶת־אֲדֹנֶ֖יךָ מֵעַ֣ל רֹאשֶׁ֑ךָ וַיֹּ֛אמֶר גַּם־אֲנִ֥י יָדַ֖עְתִּי הֶחֱשֽׁוּ׃
2. And Elijah said to Elisha, “Remain here please, because YKWK has sent me to Beth El.” And Elisha said, “By the life of YKWK and by the life of your soul, I will not leave you.” And they went down to Beth El.
3. And the sons of prophets who were in Beth El went out to Elisha and they said to him, “Did you know that today YKWK is taking your master from off your head?” And he said, “Also I know. Be quiet.”
(ד) וַיֹּאמֶר֩ ל֨וֹ אֵלִיָּ֜הוּ אֱלִישָׁ֣ע ׀ שֵֽׁב־נָ֣א פֹ֗ה כִּ֤י יקוק שְׁלָחַ֣נִי יְרִיח֔וֹ וַיֹּ֕אמֶר חַי־יקוק וְחֵֽי־נַפְשְׁךָ֖ אִם־אֶעֶזְבֶ֑ךָּ וַיָּבֹ֖אוּ יְרִיחֽוֹ׃
(ה) וַיִּגְּשׁ֨וּ בְנֵֽי־הַנְּבִיאִ֥ים אֲשֶׁר־בִּֽירִיחוֹ֮ אֶל־אֱלִישָׁע֒ וַיֹּאמְר֣וּ אֵלָ֔יו הֲיָדַ֕עְתָּ כִּ֣י הַיּ֗וֹם יקוק לֹקֵ֥חַ אֶת־אֲדֹנֶ֖יךָ מֵעַ֣ל רֹאשֶׁ֑ךָ וַיֹּ֛אמֶר גַּם־אֲנִ֥י יָדַ֖עְתִּי הֶחֱשֽׁוּ׃
4. And to him Elijah said, “Elisha, remain here please because YKWK has sent me to Jericho.” And he said, “By the life of YKWK and by the life of your soul, I will not leave you.” And they came to Jericho.
5. And the sons of prophets who were in Jericho approached Elisha and they said to him, “Did you know that today YKWK is taking your master from off your head?” And he said, “Also I know. Be quiet.”
(ו) וַיֹּאמֶר֩ ל֨וֹ אֵלִיָּ֜הוּ שֵֽׁב־נָ֣א פֹ֗ה כִּ֤י יקוק שְׁלָחַ֣נִי הַיַּרְדֵּ֔נָה וַיֹּ֕אמֶר חַי־יקוק וְחֵֽי־נַפְשְׁךָ֖ אִם־אֶעֶזְבֶ֑ךָּ וַיֵּלְכ֖וּ שְׁנֵיהֶֽם׃
(ז) וַחֲמִשִּׁ֨ים אִ֜ישׁ מִבְּנֵ֤י הַנְּבִיאִים֙ הָֽלְכ֔וּ וַיַּעַמְד֥וּ מִנֶּ֖גֶד מֵרָח֑וֹק וּשְׁנֵיהֶ֖ם עָמְד֥וּ עַל־הַיַּרְדֵּֽן׃
6. And to him Elijah said, “Remain here please, because YKWK has sent me to the Jordan.” And he said, “By the life of YKWK and by the life of your soul, I will not leave you.” And they went, the two of them.
7. And fifty men of the sons of prophets went and they stood opposite them at a distance. And they two of them stood at the Jordan.
(ח) וַיִּקַּח֩ אֵלִיָּ֨הוּ אֶת־אַדַּרְתּ֤וֹ וַיִּגְלֹם֙ וַיַּכֶּ֣ה אֶת־הַמַּ֔יִם וַיֵּחָצ֖וּ הֵ֣נָּה וָהֵ֑נָּה וַיַּעַבְר֥וּ שְׁנֵיהֶ֖ם בֶּחָרָבָֽה׃
(ט) וַיְהִ֣י כְעָבְרָ֗ם וְאֵ֨לִיָּ֜הוּ אָמַ֤ר אֶל־אֱלִישָׁע֙ שְׁאַל֙ מָ֣ה אֶֽעֱשֶׂה־לָּ֔ךְ בְּטֶ֖רֶם אֶלָּקַ֣ח מֵעִמָּ֑ךְ וַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֱלִישָׁ֔ע וִֽיהִי־נָ֛א פִּֽי־שְׁנַ֥יִם בְּרוּחֲךָ֖ אֵלָֽי׃
(י) וַיֹּ֖אמֶר הִקְשִׁ֣יתָ לִשְׁא֑וֹל אִם־תִּרְאֶ֨ה אֹתִ֜י לֻקָּ֤ח מֵֽאִתָּךְ֙ יְהִֽי־לְךָ֣ כֵ֔ן וְאִם־אַ֖יִן לֹ֥א יִהְיֶֽה׃
(יא) וַיְהִ֗י הֵ֣מָּה הֹלְכִ֤ים הָלוֹךְ֙ וְדַבֵּ֔ר וְהִנֵּ֤ה רֶֽכֶב־אֵשׁ֙ וְס֣וּסֵי אֵ֔שׁ וַיַּפְרִ֖דוּ בֵּ֣ין שְׁנֵיהֶ֑ם וַיַּ֙עַל֙ אֵ֣לִיָּ֔הוּ בַּֽסְעָרָ֖ה הַשָּׁמָֽיִם׃
(יב) וֶאֱלִישָׁ֣ע רֹאֶ֗ה וְה֤וּא מְצַעֵק֙ אָבִ֣י ׀ אָבִ֗י רֶ֤כֶב יִשְׂרָאֵל֙ וּפָ֣רָשָׁ֔יו וְלֹ֥א רָאָ֖הוּ ע֑וֹד וַֽיַּחֲזֵק֙ בִּבְגָדָ֔יו וַיִּקְרָעֵ֖ם לִשְׁנַ֥יִם קְרָעִֽים׃
(יג) וַיָּ֙רֶם֙ אֶת־אַדֶּ֣רֶת אֵלִיָּ֔הוּ אֲשֶׁ֥ר נָפְלָ֖ה מֵעָלָ֑יו וַיָּ֥שָׁב וַֽיַּעֲמֹ֖ד עַל־שְׂפַ֥ת הַיַּרְדֵּֽן׃
(יד) וַיִּקַּח֩ אֶת־אַדֶּ֨רֶת אֵלִיָּ֜הוּ אֲשֶׁר־נָפְלָ֤ה מֵֽעָלָיו֙ וַיַּכֶּ֣ה אֶת־הַמַּ֔יִם וַיֹּאמַ֕ר אַיֵּ֕ה יקוק אֱלֹקֵ֣י אֵלִיָּ֑הוּ אַף־ה֣וּא ׀ וַיַּכֶּ֣ה אֶת־הַמַּ֗יִם וַיֵּֽחָצוּ֙ הֵ֣נָּה וָהֵ֔נָּה וַֽיַּעֲבֹ֖ר אֱלִישָֽׁע׃
8. And Elijah took his cloak and he rolled it and he struck the water and it was divided here and there. And they passed over, the two of them, on dry land.
9. And while they were passing over, Elijah said to Elisha, “Ask what I will do for you before I am taken from you.” And Elisha said, “Let there be please a double portion of your spirit upon me.”
10. And he said, “You have made it hard in asking. If you see me being taken from you, then let it be for you as you wanted. And if not, it won’t be.”
11. And it was when they were going, and behold!, a chariot of fire and horses of fire separated the two of them. And Elijah went up in a storm to the heavens.
12. And Elisha himself saw, and he was crying out, “My father, my father! Chariot of Israel and its riders!” until he could no longer see him. And he grasped his clothing and he tore it to two torn bits.
13. And he lifted up the cloak of Elijah that had fallen from him. And he went back and he stood at the bank of the Jordan.
14. And he took the cloak of Elijah that had fallen from him and he hit the water and he said, “Where is YKWK the Elohim of Elijah?” Even he, when he struck the water and it was divided here and there, and Elisha passed over.
(טו) וַיִּרְאֻ֨הוּ בְנֵֽי־הַנְּבִיאִ֤ים אֲשֶׁר־בִּֽירִיחוֹ֙ מִנֶּ֔גֶד וַיֹּ֣אמְר֔וּ נָ֛חָה ר֥וּחַ אֵלִיָּ֖הוּ עַל־אֱלִישָׁ֑ע וַיָּבֹ֙אוּ֙ לִקְרָאת֔וֹ וַיִּשְׁתַּחֲווּ־ל֖וֹ אָֽרְצָה׃
(טז) וַיֹּאמְר֣וּ אֵלָ֡יו הִנֵּה־נָ֣א יֵֽשׁ־אֶת־עֲבָדֶיךָ֩ חֲמִשִּׁ֨ים אֲנָשִׁ֜ים בְּנֵֽי־חַ֗יִל יֵ֣לְכוּ נָא֮ וִיבַקְשׁ֣וּ אֶת־אֲדֹנֶיךָ֒ פֶּן־נְשָׂאוֹ֙ ר֣וּחַ יקוק וַיַּשְׁלִכֵ֙הוּ֙ בְּאַחַ֣ד הֶהָרִ֔ים א֖וֹ בְּאַחַ֣ת הגיאות [הַגֵּאָי֑וֹת] וַיֹּ֖אמֶר לֹ֥א תִשְׁלָֽחוּ׃
(יז) וַיִּפְצְרוּ־ב֥וֹ עַד־בֹּ֖שׁ וַיֹּ֣אמֶר שְׁלָ֑חוּ וַֽיִּשְׁלְחוּ֙ חֲמִשִּׁ֣ים אִ֔ישׁ וַיְבַקְשׁ֥וּ שְׁלֹשָֽׁה־יָמִ֖ים וְלֹ֥א מְצָאֻֽהוּ׃
(יח) וַיָּשֻׁ֣בוּ אֵלָ֔יו וְה֖וּא יֹשֵׁ֣ב בִּירִיח֑וֹ וַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֲלֵהֶ֔ם הֲלֽוֹא־אָמַ֥רְתִּי אֲלֵיכֶ֖ם אַל־תֵּלֵֽכוּ׃
15. And the sons of prophets who were in Jericho opposite saw him and they said, “The spirit of Elijah rests on Elisha.” And they came towards him and they bowed to him to the ground.
16. And they said to him, “Behold please, your servants have fifty men, men of valor. Let the go please and seek your master, lest the spirit of YKWK has taken him up and cast him on one of the mountains or in one of the valleys.” And he said, “Do not send them.”
17. And they urged him to the point of shame and he said, “Send them.” And they sent fifty men and they sought him for three days and they did not find him.
18. And they returned to him and he was remaining in Jericho. And he said to them, “Did I not say to you ‘do not go?’”
(יט) וַיֹּ֨אמְר֜וּ אַנְשֵׁ֤י הָעִיר֙ אֶל־אֱלִישָׁ֔ע הִנֵּה־נָ֞א מוֹשַׁ֤ב הָעִיר֙ ט֔וֹב כַּאֲשֶׁ֥ר אֲדֹנִ֖י רֹאֶ֑ה וְהַמַּ֥יִם רָעִ֖ים וְהָאָ֥רֶץ מְשַׁכָּֽלֶת׃
(כ) וַיֹּ֗אמֶר קְחוּ־לִי֙ צְלֹחִ֣ית חֲדָשָׁ֔ה וְשִׂ֥ימוּ שָׁ֖ם מֶ֑לַח וַיִּקְח֖וּ אֵלָֽיו׃
(כא) וַיֵּצֵא֙ אֶל־מוֹצָ֣א הַמַּ֔יִם וַיַּשְׁלֶךְ־שָׁ֖ם מֶ֑לַח וַיֹּ֜אמֶר כֹּֽה־אָמַ֣ר יקוק רִפִּ֙אתִי֙ לַמַּ֣יִם הָאֵ֔לֶּה לֹֽא־יִהְיֶ֥ה מִשָּׁ֛ם ע֖וֹד מָ֥וֶת וּמְשַׁכָּֽלֶת׃
(כב) וַיֵּרָפ֣וּ הַמַּ֔יִם עַ֖ד הַיּ֣וֹם הַזֶּ֑ה כִּדְבַ֥ר אֱלִישָׁ֖ע אֲשֶׁ֥ר דִּבֵּֽר׃ (פ)
19. And the men of the city said to Elisha, “Behold please staying in the city is good, as my lord sees. But the water is bad and the land is bereaved.”
20. And he said, “Take to me a new bowl and put in it salt.” And they took it to him.
21. And he went out to the source of the water and he cast there the salt. And he said, “Thus says YKWK, ‘I have healed this waters. There will be no further death and bereavement.’”
22. And the water is still healed to this very day, according to the saying of Elisha which he said.
(כג) וַיַּ֥עַל מִשָּׁ֖ם בֵּֽית־אֵ֑ל וְה֣וּא ׀ עֹלֶ֣ה בַדֶּ֗רֶךְ וּנְעָרִ֤ים קְטַנִּים֙ יָצְא֣וּ מִן־הָעִ֔יר וַיִּתְקַלְּסוּ־בוֹ֙ וַיֹּ֣אמְרוּ ל֔וֹ עֲלֵ֥ה קֵרֵ֖חַ עֲלֵ֥ה קֵרֵֽחַ׃
(כד) וַיִּ֤פֶן אַֽחֲרָיו֙ וַיִּרְאֵ֔ם וַֽיְקַלְלֵ֖ם בְּשֵׁ֣ם יקוק וַתֵּצֶ֨אנָה שְׁתַּ֤יִם דֻּבִּים֙ מִן־הַיַּ֔עַר וַתְּבַקַּ֣עְנָה מֵהֶ֔ם אַרְבָּעִ֥ים וּשְׁנֵ֖י יְלָדִֽים׃
(כה) וַיֵּ֥לֶךְ מִשָּׁ֖ם אֶל־הַ֣ר הַכַּרְמֶ֑ל וּמִשָּׁ֖ם שָׁ֥ב שֹׁמְרֽוֹן׃ (פ)
23. And he went up from there to Beth El and when he was going up on the way, small lads went out from the city and they mocked him and they said to him, “Go up, baldy! Go up, baldy!”
24. And he turned behind him and he saw them and he cursed them in the name of YKWK. And two bears went out from the wood and they ripped up forty-two of the children.
25. And he went from there to Mount Carmel and from there he returned to Samaria.