(1) For the conductor. A psalm of David.
(2) How long, Eternal One? Will You forget me for eternity?
How long will You hide Your face from me?
(3) How long will I have schemes for myself, with grief in my heart all day long?
How long will my enemy rise up over me?
(4) Look at me, answer me, Eternal, my God!
Bring light to my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
(5) Lest my enemy say, “I have overcome him,”
and my foes rejoice when I break down.
(6) But I have trusted in Your kindness,
my heart will rejoice in Your salvation.
I will sing to the Eternal,
for the Eternal has been good to me.