(1) Why are nations frenzied,
and countries dwelling on empty things?
(2) Kings of the earth take their stand,
and ministers conspire together
against God and against God's anointed.
(3) “Let us break the cords of their yoke, shake off their ropes from us!”
(4) The One who sits in heaven laughs;
the Lord mocks them.
(5) Then speaks to them in anger,
terrifying them with rage,
(6) “But I have installed My king
on Zion, My holy mountain!”
(7) Let me tell of the decree of the Eternal, who said to me, “You are My child,
I have raised you this day.
(8) Ask it of Me, and I will make the nations your domain;
your estate, the limits of the earth.
(9) You can smash them with an iron rod, shatter them like pottery.”
(10) So now, O kings, be reasonable;
discipline yourselves, rulers of the earth!
(11) Serve the Eternal in awe;
rejoice in trembing.
(12) kiss purely, lest God spurn you, and your path be doomed in the mere flash of God's anger.
Happy are all who take refuge in God.