(24) Yet his bow stayed taut, And his arms were made firm By the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob— There, the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel—(25) The God of your father who helps you, And Shaddai who blesses you With blessings of heaven above, Blessings of the deep that couches below, Blessings of the breast and womb.
(7) and the Eternal spoke to Moses, saying,(8) “You and your brother Aaron take the rod and assemble the community, and before their very eyes order the rock to yield its water. Thus you shall produce water for them from the rock and provide drink for the congregation and their beasts.”(9) Moses took the rod from before the Eternal, as God had commanded him.(10) Moses and Aaron assembled the congregation in front of the rock; and he said to them, “Listen, you rebels, shall we get water for you out of this rock?”(11) And Moses raised his hand and struck the rock twice with his rod. Out came copious water, and the community and their beasts drank.(12) But the Eternal said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not trust Me enough to affirm My sanctity in the sight of the Israelite people, therefore you shall not lead this congregation into the land that I have given them.”
(5) Then the Eternal said to Moses, “Pass before the people; take with you some of the elders of Israel, and take along the rod with which you struck the Nile, and set out.(6) I will be standing there before you on the rock at Horeb. Strike the rock and water will issue from it, and the people will drink.” And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel.
(17) And the Eternal said to Moses, “I will also do this thing that you have asked; for you have truly gained My favor and I have singled you out by name.”(18) He said, “Oh, let me behold Your Presence!”(19) And He answered, “I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim before you the name of the Eternal, and the grace that I grant and the compassion that I show.(20) But,” God said, “you cannot see My face, for man may not see Me and live.”(21) And the Eternal said, “See, there is a place near Me. Station yourself on the rock(22) and, as My Presence passes by, I will put you in a cleft of the rock and shield you with My hand until I have passed by.(23) Then I will take My hand away and you will see My back; but My face must not be seen.”
(50) You shall die on the mountain that you are about to ascend, and shall be gathered to your kin, as your brother Aaron died on Mount Hor and was gathered to his kin;(51) for you both broke faith with Me among the Israelite people, at the waters of Meribath-kadesh in the wilderness of Zin, by failing to uphold My sanctity among the Israelite people.(52) You may view the land from a distance, but you shall not enter it—the land that I am giving to the Israelite people.