Sefaria's Haggadah is ready online for you to explore, customize, and print. The library includes the full text of the Ashkenazi Haggadah and the Edot Hamizrach Haggadah. Click on any line of the text to discover related commentaries and sheets.
To create your own Haggadah for your family, class, or community, check out these steps below:
1) Getting started
- If you are new to creating Sefaria sheets, watch our Sheets on Sefaria webinar and refer to Making a Source Sheet and Formatting Sheets.
- Open the template for the Ashkenazi Haggadah or for the Edot Hamizrach Haggadah.
- To customize this sheet, you'll need an account on Sefaria - if you don't have one, Getting Started with Sefaria will show you how to set up your account.
- Click on the sheet name in the header to open the resource panel, and then click "copy," and you will have your own copy of the sheet to work with. Our how-to guide is found on the sheet Copying a Sheet.
- Anyone who is going to add directly to the sheet will need an account on Sefaria, but people can send their materials to a point person who adds everything to one sheet. Here are instructions for creating a collaborative Haggadah sheet.
2) Choose the core texts of your Haggadah
- Sefaria sheets are fully editable, so feel free to include just the texts that speak to you for this educational experience. Draw on core experiences, memories from last year, or invite your community to select their favorites.
- Hover over any text and click the "minus" button on the left to remove a text.
- Click on any text in the Haggadah and use the "add to sheet" module in the resource panel to add that piece of text to a sheet. And don't forget the commentaries, which can also be added to your Haggadah.
3) Get creative! Add your own insights to the Haggadah
- Artwork, photographs, audio recordings, and video all make powerful Haggadah enhancements. Encourage younger children to illustrate favorite parts of the story. Children with phones or cameras can take pictures, and anyone (with help from an adult) can create a recording. In the edit mode of the sheet, use the "media" button to upload an image or share a link from YouTube or Soundcloud.
4) Sharing your Haggadah
- Digital sharing is simple; just copy the URL and send it out to friends, family, or community.
- If multiple people make Haggadot, consider making a collection on Sefaria and sharing the new resources that way.
- The easiest way to print from Sefaria is to use the "file" menu to export to Google docs.