(8) “He has told you, O man, what is good, And what the LORD requires of you: Only to do justice, And to love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God;
(1) Woe to the legislators of infamous laws, to those who issue tyrannical decrees, (2) who refuse justice to the unfortunate and cheat the poor among My people of their rights; who make widows their prey, and rob fatherless children.
(3) Thus said the Eternal: Do what is just and right; rescue the one who has been robbed from the hands of his oppressor; do not exploit the stranger, the orphan, and the widow; commit no violence, shed no innocent blood in this place.
(9) Thus said the LORD of Hosts: Practice true justice, and apply it with kindness and compassion toward one another. (10) Do not oppress the widow, the orphan, the stranger, and the poor; and do not secretly plan evil against one another.
No more mockery of justice, no more favoring of the wicked! Let the weak and orphan have justice, be fair to the wretched and destitute; rescue the weak and needy, save them from the clutches of the wicked.
(8) Speak up for those without voice, for the right of all the unwanted. (9) Speak up, pronounce a just verdict, champion the poor and the needy.
In a free society, some are guilty; all are responsible.
- A.J. Heschel
"Never Again" means "Never Again" for anyone.