Suggested Discussion Questions:
1. How does Gratz describe the poor? Why do you think she speaks about them in this way?
2. How does Gratz present the efforts and obligations of Jewish women?
3. What emphasis does Gratz place on education? What values does this emphasis reflect?
4. Is this report merely an account of the goals of the society? How is it an effective fundraising mechanism?
5. Think about an organization that helps the poor today. What does it have in common with the Female Hebrew Benevolent Society?